1.15.2008

Reduce. Reuse. Renew. Recycle. Relax.


This year instead of New Years resolutions I've decided to have a theme, or slogan, for the year 2008. Reduce. Reuse. Renew. Recycle. Relax. This article from Home Companion really seems to go along with my theme. A general breakdown of the 5 "R's" goes as follows:

Reduce: spending; the need for material abundance; time spent on frivolity; screen sucking (i.e. countless hours on the computer/internet and watching TV)

Reuse, Renew, Recycle: things found around the house, in thrift stores and in flea markets instead of purchasing "new" items. Focus on renewing and reviving things of the past that have a history.

Relax: work on spending more time relaxing and playing with my son; taking time out to enjoy my surroundings and the life I'm living.

2 comments:

  1. What a great theme! I go by the reuse or re-purpose theme a lot but I need the reduce and relax ones on my list for sure. I also need to subscribe to the home companion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog - I love this! My theme for this year is to keep it simple (and to smile more), but this is like the deeper version.

    ReplyDelete